"Vissi d'Arte Club is so appreciative of the grant we received last week. Over the years we have tried to carefully use the monies we received. We are trusting that the money we received for advertising will generate more response from adult artists and photographers. Hope some of you can take the time to see what impressive creators our region produces!"
Vissi d’Arte Club ,Sue Oiler Dowse
"Thank you ever so much for the approval of our Comstock Community Garden's application for funds! CARE= "Comstock Ain't Ready to Expire," is now true for another year! Our plans for long-needed repairs can now go forward and I can hardly wait!"
Comstock Community Garden ,Pam Chambers
Grants are available for projects or events that have the intent of bringing tourism dollars to the communities of Custer County.
Grants are administered by the Custer County Tourism Visitors Committee which is an advisory board to the Custer County Board of Supervisors pursuant to
the Nebraska Visitors
Funds are used to promote, encourage, and attract visitors to come to the county and use the travel and tourism facilities within the county. Funds are also used to improve the visitor attractions and facilities within the county.
Grant monies are collected from lodging taxes so emphasis on promoting events and attractions that lead to overnight stays at lodging facilities within the county is key to continued sustainability
of grant funds.
Criteria for Grant Applications
- Grants are available for projects/events which have the intent of bringing tourism dollars to the communities of Custer County.
- Description, purpose, objective of event / project
- How grant money will be used
- How will this event / project benefit Custer County
- Proposed date of event / timeline and completion date of project
- Grant request deadline dates occur twice per year. Requests must be submitted to the Committee by April 30 and/or Oct. 31 each year.
- Improve the visitor attractions and facilities within the county
- Advertising and promotion of events encouraging visitors to come to the county, and use the travel and tourism facilities within the county
- Application forms may be requested by contacting Rick Maas at 308-870-0165, email@example.com or Cheryl Carson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Budget Worksheet for event / project include bids if necessary
- IRS Tax Exemption Letter (if applicable)
- List of Officers or Board of Directors
- Latest Financial Statement
- Current Operating Budget
Are You Ready?
If you think your project will help the community and meets the criteria above,
you are ready to fill out an application.